At McCarthy Uniforms, the health and safety of our customers, employees and suppliers is critically important to us. To this end, we would like to update you with this FAQ below, which outlines the measures we are taking to protect both our collective health and supply chain integrity during the current coronavirus outbreak.
How is McCarthy Uniforms currently impacted by various regional safety measures to control the outbreak of COVID-19?
- McCarthy Uniforms is an essential service.
- The guidelines for safe retail store experiences varies by region.
- To reiterate, we are still open for business and can fulfill your orders – the way we work together simply might be different ! All our customers have an online store at www.mccarthyuniforms.ca and may shop through our call centre at 416-593-6900 or 1-800-668-8261.
What is McCarthy Uniforms doing to ensure its stores and teams are safe?
McCarthy Uniforms currently has a four point plan in place to ensure the safety of our customers and employees.
- Procedures to ensure workplaces are clean and hygienic: Surfaces (e.g. desks and tables) and objects (e.g. telephones, keyboards) are currently being wiped with disinfectant regularly. All retail stores have been provided with ample hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes. Store managers must sanitize their hands upon entering and leaving our locations.
- Daily Health Check & Illness Quarantine: All McCarthy employees have been notified that there is zero flexibility for illness in the workplace. Any employee exhibiting even minor signs of a cold or flu are required to stay home and keep our HR team posted of any escalating symptoms. All employees complete a daily health monitoring tool before coming into the office. Our comprehensive benefits coverage does ensure that employees are not financially impacted by such sick leave.
- Mask Policy: All employees and customers are required to wear a mask. Given our exposure to vulnerable communities and the health care sector, if a customer cannot wear a mask, they are encouraged to call us to transact using a virtual channel.
- Free Shipping: Beginning today, customers will have free shipping, indefinitely. This measure will be taken to address concerns from our customers and teams regarding the requirement to physically interact within our retail stores.
What is the impact of the COVID-19 on the uniform supply chain?
- McCarthy’s has a deep commitment to achieving above-average fulfillment rates. Part of our core practice is to ensure uniform supply is replenished quickly and that inventory is well stocked with each new year. Our annual fall purchasing strategy takes a variety of risk-mitigation factors into account, including unexpected events, like the COVID-19 outbreak.
- As a result, the majority of our forecast is currently in stock in stores or our main warehouse.
- Our next shipments are scheduled to arrive without disruption. We will continue to monitor the situation accordingly and are having weekly review meetings across our teams to monitor quantities on hand versus annual forecast.
- Should sell-through rates accelerate and inventory depletes faster than expected, we will keep you informed (through direct customized communication).
- We encourage all our school and workplace communities to shop early for critical pieces, in the event we experience higher than expected sell-through.
Thank you for your continued partnership and support. Please reach out to our team at 416-593-6900 with any questions or concern.
We are asking customers to appreciate our efforts to ‘do our part’ to slow the spread of COVID-19 and use alternate communication and shopping channels where possible. We continue to work hard to translate your trust in us into impact and are continuing our community PPE donation effort. If your community is interested in a face shield donation, please contact us at email@example.com. We also encourage you to remember to shop local ! Our Canadian business has been employing Canadians and giving back to communities since 1956 ! We have a variety of plain essentials and PPE designed by kids and teens, as well as creative adults and would be pleased to continue earning your business.